August 4, 2012

"smells like yak."

So my little cousin Alex and his parents came to visit me last Sunday. We went to the John Ball Zoo, which was pretty cool seeing as I haven't been there for a very long time.  The animals are up in the woods, scattered along numerous paths.  It seemed like a very unique layout for a zoo.  I think everyone had a pretty good time.  Although Alex had an issue with the smell.  "Smells like yak." was his ticket to get out of anything.  haha Probably will not grow up to be a zookeeper, I'm guessing.  I don't blame him though, mixed with the heat, it was definitely not the best part of our adventure.  I'd say puddles and the misty sprinklers along the way topped the list.

The bird cage was one of the first things we came to.  You get a stick covered in seeds and can feed the birds... in an enormous metal cage housing dozens of birds that are constantly being fed 24/7... It's a true miracle I didn't leave with poop in my hair.  haha It was pretty cute however when they perched on Alex's stick to eat the seeds.  We had a friendly little blue one that stuck around for a while.










3 comments: