January 2, 2012

a year in review

Some highlights from 2011.

January
I began my 22nd year of life.
Looking back, it was probably one of the more rocky years I would say- but still good.

February
I don't remember much of you, but B & I did attend President's Ball for our senior year.

March
Spring Break!  I actually went somewhere since high school.  B & his family took all of us to Mammoth Caves in Kentucky and a gorgeous mountain side resort in Gatlinburg, Tennessee.  It was such a great trip, I enjoyed every minute of it.





April
Finished trying to juggle full class load, 2 jobs, and my senior show... needless to say it didn't go as well as expected.  But- began with turning 2 jobs into 1 new job, signed up for last semester of classes, signed lease for new studio apartment, and was ready to start anew.

May
Helped my Mom de-burgufy their house.  (eliminate all traces of burgundy) I did the damage, she did the decorating. Unfortunately, I don't have any great pictures of the final project... you'll just have to take my word for now. It looked beautiful at Christmas!

June
We impulsively adopted our little bundle of Moo!  He has made everyday life so much more hilarious and fuzzy.

July
Too amused with this guy to do anything.
Oh- but did have time to start this!

August
Last semester of undergrad at Grand Valley State University!  Started senior show again, (went a little better this time around).

Also, traveled to NYC for the first time!  Check it out here, here, & here.


September
Renegade Craft Fair with Elyse & Collyn in Chicago!

October
Was able to attend the AIGA National Design Conference as an associate along with a group of classmates.  We were able to explore Phoenix, AZ, learn tons of new things, have some serious bonding nights, and meet even more amazing people!
Downtown Phoenix

GVSU Group

Marian Bantjes & Debbie Millman!

Roomie Love


November
Work + school, work + school, work + school.  Repeat.
Remember when the Grand Rapids sky was pink?


December
Senior show. Specks. Wizard of Oz. Graduation. Christmas. NO SNOW!  Family & friends.
Phew!  What a year.  Here's to another one!

No comments:

Post a Comment