January 19, 2012

factoids

In honor of my recent 23rd birthday I thought I'd leave you with 23 random facts you may not know about me.  :]

1.  i prefer lists, fragments, & paraphrasing over paragraphs. (hence... lol)
2.  i was recently given a collection of antique doilies handmade by my great grandmas and great aunts.
3.  i used to figure skate, competing in both freestyle and synchronized competitions.  it's still one of my most favorite things to do.
4.  my favorite freestyle skating routine was to the score from harry potter & the sorcerer's stone.  my coach's boyfriend suggested it and i'm convinced i was the first person in the country to use that music for a routine.  no joke.  i felt pretty cool.  i still get butterflies every time i hear it as well as having the urge to get up and start skating across the hardwood floor.
5.  i had braces from 5th grade to 7th grade.
6.  i am the ultimate procrastinator and i completely blame my mom. haha  okay this also means i work great under pressure/last minute.
7.  i typically write in all lowercase letters, but am forcing myself to write sentence case for this blog... except for lists like this.
8.  i recently found out i have an astigmatism in both of my eyes.
9.  i have never gone to the doctor for a broken bone.
10.  however, i am quite certain i broke my tailbone in a skating accident.  i took a pillow to school for my bum but never went to a doctor for x-rays.  still hurts every now and then.
11.  my favorite drink is milk and my favorite food is ice cream.
12.  my graduation years from high school & college are 2007 & 2011.  i was bound and determined not to go longer than 4 1/2 years in college so i would always be the class of "7/11".
13.  i drive a lime green bug, which has been my favorite car since elementary school.
14.  i didn't know i had curly hair until junior high.
15.  i've always been intrigued by the medical field, and secretly would like to work in a hospital even though i know i never would.
16.  along with figure skating, growing up i participated in: dance, gymnastics, soccer, softball, basketball, golf, and cheerleading.
17.  i like doctor pens.  they are always so much smoother to write with and much more unique looking than the 20-Bic-in-a-bag pens from the office store.
18.  even though i was a figure skater, roller blading has always kind of terrified me.
19.  some of my earliest memories are of crafting with my mom & my sister.
20.  i remember the moment and what the drawing looked like when i realized i could draw well.  i don't remember how old i was and i'd give anything to see what that drawing looks like now!  it was of my stuffed animal puppy that you could un-velcro her stomach and all her baby puppies fell out.  anyone remember those?  hah, no just me?  k.
21.  i have 4 cameras.  little orange point & shoot: fujifilm finepix z, white toy camera: holga 135bc, fancy dslr: canon rebel t2i, and an old 35mm film camera gifted from my uncle: olympus om1-n.  this clearly means i need to experiment more.
22.  when doing self portraits, my middle school drawing teacher told me i looked like a porcelain doll: big eyes, small lips, and pale skin.  i wasn't sure whether to take that as a positive or negative comment.
23.  i don't think i can plan on doing this every year because it took me awhile to come up with 23... i mean 22 random facts.  but then again i am also really really bad at thinking of specific things on the spot. oops see- i snuck one last one in!



I would love to have had photos with many of these but sadly most of "these" kind of reminiscent photos are back at my parents house.  It would have made this post suuuper long anyway.  You'll just have to imagine me with braces wearing figure skating outfits.  haha

... OH my gosh!!  NOW I'm starting to think of more facts!  This is very typical, like when you're talking on the phone and someone asks "Do you have any questions?"  And you're like, "No, I don't think so, not at the moment."  Then the minute you hang up 17 questions immediately come to mind.  And by you I mean me.  And I'm going to end this very long wordy post...... now.

No comments:

Post a Comment