September 30, 2011

the voice inside my head


Text conversation with my mom the other week.

me: mom!  i hate my name.  it's not a catchy design name, i can't come up with any cool logos.
mom: oh, i'm sorry jen, we thought you were going to be a doctor.
me: oh... 
me: maybe i should be apologizing to you!  :p

By the way, for those that don't know, my full name is Jennifer Linn Benson... the whole thing rhymes!  Ugh, way too victorian to sound like a super cool trendy designer.  I mean, don't get me wrong, my nickname stuck- jenben... buuuut it does kinda sound like a 13 year girl... also not cool.

Anyway, I love design but I have never been good at making things for myself.  I like making things to give to other people.  It's been what... over a year of trying to create some little visual queue that screams JEN and I can't come up with anything?!  I'm chronically indecisive.

So onto the point of the picture... this is the cleanest my desktop has ever been since its arrival and I am hoping Shel's wise words will sink in and help me just PICK SOMETHING.  The voice inside my head is clearly not very loud.

I'm waiting for my piff and it's just not coming!  It'll come though, right?  It always does.

No comments:

Post a Comment