April 25, 2012

goodbye to you

Dear #217,

moving in
To my lovely little studio apartment.  I will miss your high ceilings, your large open floor plan, the fun floating walls, your toilet with eco-friendly flush buttons, the pretty hardwood floors, your prime location in the heart of GR, the big windows, and our quiet, friendly, and creative neighbors.  I loved buying new furniture to fill you and decorating your yellow walls.  I even loved not having tv for a year, learning it was something I could live without.  Most importantly, I loved secretly violating your rules and bringing Moo home to stay.  You were a much needed fresh start last April, and I will have great memories of times spent within these walls.
 
However, there are other things I don't want to forget.  I will not miss how easily the dust gathered on those pretty hardwood floors or how we could never open those huge windows to let any fresh air in.  I didn't like how dark you got the minute the sun went down or how hard it was to see while getting dressed in the morning.  I miss not having long hot showers that last more than 10 minutes.  And I hated when we watched movies the furnace would kick on, without fail, during every quiet part!  But I will miss you.  It was in interesting year, and I'm glad I got to experience this studio style living.

birdies
nice big windows
probably moo's favorite thing to do
first winter flurries
my machine + pin from Renegade

walks home down Lafayette were beautiful in spring & summer
my favorite thrifties: lime barrel back chair + hand embroidered j pillow

colorful murals on our buildings
Our days are numbered now; we're packing our things, painting over our beloved chalkboard, and making it look like we were never even here.  I will remember our time with you and soon you will get a new creative family to house.  But now I'm ready to have a room with windows open wide.

No comments:

Post a Comment