January 25, 2012

a letter a day

A letter a day keeps the designer at play.
(clever, riiight?  hah)


I got bored tonight.  blah.  So I decided to create a 30ish minute project to force upon myself every day... for 26 days.  I will draw in this little sketchbook a new letterform to keep my creative juices from becoming stagnant.  Because I can only assume non-flowing creative juices would probably smell gross.  So I can't have that.


Now these will just be sketches, I'm not going all out like Jessica Hische Daily Drop Cap style. At least not on this first batch.  I need to get away from the ol' MacBook (which I love very much) and improve my doodle-ability skillz.  I have this cute little eco-friendly memo book courtesy of French Paper Co. () that has been collecting bookshelf dust.  I have a tendency of coveting all these paper samply things I am sent or obtain at conferences, but never actually using them. Well then what's the point of having samples?  This little baby memo book wants to be loved. So, I'm giving it some typographical attention.

Without further ado, here is A.


B already said he wasn't a fan, and that you can't tell what it is.  I told him that isn't necessarily the point.  Its just for fun, and sketch practice.  I'll obviously have letters I like waaay better than others.  Why would you want to start out with the best?  :]

No comments:

Post a Comment