January 30, 2012

a letter a day- F

(e)F! I skipped a day.



But don't worry, I'm still going to post it with the correct date as if nothing happened... shhh.


See, the reason why I skipped a day is because I was busy reading a book... like for fun... that hasn't happened in a while. I have a cold againnn; so it was a much needed day of relaxation, entirely spent lying on the couch. Once I finished around 3 o'clock in the morning it was already technically the next day and I was too tired to draw my F.

The book I read, by the way, was Paper Towns by John Green. Yes, it is a teen mystery, and yes I was somewhat embarrassed that it was located in the children's wing of our library, but I would still recommend it. Elyse suggested I get it since the library was all out of The Hunger Games. I am planning on reading that next before I see the movie. Anyway, Paper Towns is a sort of coming of age book focused on a group of seniors about to graduate high school. It is innocent and sarcastic yet can be poetic and deeply metaphorical at times. At least that's how I would describe it. It's an easy read, although I wasn't 100% in love with the ending. Although, I think that can happen with any good book, due to the fondness you gain for the characters. I want to know what happens after the last page. But I can't. That's the beauty of a story, it eventually comes to an end.

No comments:

Post a Comment